Sunday, September 7, 2008

Get Organized

I don't know about you but I spend so much time every day just picking up and putting things away I hardly have time for cleaning and laundry. With a husband, a young toddler, a middle schooler, and a teen, the house can get really cluttered.

I am on a quest to organize. I have a basket on the stairs for things the older kids need to take up to their rooms on their way up. Since the toddler is downstairs, except when sleeping, she has an abundance of toys she likes to disperse everywhere. I decided to try to teach her at this young age to be neater. I divided the toys into categories, bought some containers, and labeled the containers. Now we play with one group of toys at a time. We have a box for toys that make music, a box of puzzles, a box for dolls and doll things, and a drawing and coloring box. This keeps the house neater and it keeps the child from being overwhelmed by all the toys and she seems to spend more time on one activity.

No comments: