Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Getting Social

After the birth of my third child I went from working mother to stay-at-home mom. My life is busy and my days are full raising 3 children and maintaining the house. I love being a stay-at-home mom but I lost that contact with the outside world and also with the friends that I had made. I need to get out and meet other mothers....who, where, how?

There are many "moms groups" out there. One really great one is Moxie Moms. They offer a network for socializing with planned events, discounts on eating out, and shopping. You can search the web for more mommy groups. Many are small local groups and many have national chapters. Meetup is a good resource for all kinds of groups, not just mommy groups. Neighborhood news letters also have listings of local groups. If you prefer a spiritual group, most churches have groups for mothers. Go out, meet, greet, and have fun.



No comments: